Saturday afternoon I met some girls from Vicksburg at the movies to see “Bride Wars” and eat dinner at Mint. I heard that movie had gotten some pretty bad reviews, but it was so cute. And of course it’s fun to watch a girly movie like that with a bunch of newlyweds. :)
The theater was PACKED for a 4:30 show, and I felt bad for the few guys that had to suffer through it. It was a total chick flick, and the crowd was pretty similar to "Sex and the City" minus the stampede of girls trying to get in the theater.
I must say dinner was good, but not outstanding or anything. There were 10 of us total, and the atmosphere was very nice. I took Maggie’s dare and ordered the chicken and waffles, which apparently is a Southern specialty, but I don’t know where in the South this dish is popular. It was interesting…. A Belgium waffle and piece of fried chicken covered in syrup. I actually did see it on an episode of “Snoop Dogg’s Fatherhood” on MTV one time, so there you go. Two girls in our group actually took pictures of it because it was that interesting. Seriously. :)
We had a great time, but I think a lot of it had to do with the fellowship rather than the food. And the wine probably had a little something to do with it, too. I will give them credit for having one of the most creative menus out there, though. Their specialty drink menu sounded great, and their dessert menu made my mouth water.
All in all, I think I would give the movie four out of five stars and dinner three out of five stars. But I would give the whole dinner-and-a-movie experience five out of five stars for some quality girl time well-spent. :)
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
I ate at Mint with my husband for lunch and he wanted me to order the waffles and chicken because it was such an odd combination. It was good, but I think it was a one time thing for me!
(I am visiting from Sarah's blog.)
Post a Comment