Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year

Happy 2009! We started the new year off a bit rough yesterday with a six-hour search for the cat. I think she jetted out the front door at some point New Year's Eve with all the activity (that's what we get for being responsible and staying in the neighborhood to party.)

We searched everywhere shaking the bag of food as we went and yelling for her, and I had just about given up and accepted the fact that she might not come back (many, many tears, trust me) when I spotted her out of the corner of my eye. She was in the neighbor's yard and couldn't figure out how to get back over the fence. I yelled for Derek and he hopped the fence barefoot to get her. She was a little traumatized and seemed to be glad to be back home, although exhausted from her adventure, I'm sure. I, of course, cried some more with a mix of anger, frustration and relief. Whew! Not a good start to the new year, but at least she's home now. She usually doesn't stray too far from her silver food bowl.

She slept on our bed all afternoon, and Bentley didn't let her out his sight for long the rest of the day. You could tell he actually did miss her, so that was sweet. They definitely have a love-hate relationship, but yesterday it was all love.

Anyways, back to New Year's Eve... New Orleans just about took it all out of us, so we decided to keep NYE low-key and stay close to home. Our neighbors across the street had a party, and it ended up being quite a late night between the dance party in the living room, some snowboarding and tight-rope-walking on Wii Fit and the tasty but way too strong punch they made called Sweet Ghetto Romance. Classy, I know. Here are a few pics from the night...




Oh, did I mention that Neighbor Ben's going to be a daddy? They found out on Monday, his 30th birthday, so 2009 will definitely be a memorable one for them. :)

So here's to the new year... may it be the best year yet!!

No comments: