Monday, March 2, 2009

I think I have a new addiction...

I headed south this weekend for a fantastic girls’ get-away at the Bellissimo Spa inside The Grand Casino in Biloxi. This was a very well-planned day of pampering for me considering I had all kinds of bumps and bruises from Mardi Gras last weekend.

We got to the spa about 11 Saturday morning and were walked through the “Journey of Tranquility” which included the salt scrub showers, eucalyptus steam room, whirlpools and redwood sauna. We were all able to just enjoy the entire facility at our leisure before, in between and after our appointments. Every few minutes they would bring you some fresh orange slices, bottled water and a cool washcloth to refresh your face. I've had massages before, but this was my first time to go to a real spa. It was so, so, so, so nice. I felt totally pampered and girly.

I had the aromatherapy massage which was like heaven. I was totally relaxed and couldn’t believe it went by so fast. Next time I’ll spring for the 80-minute session. After our spa services, we all met back at Christy’s house in Pascagoula for an old school slumber party. (What is it with slumber parties now that I’m old? I think they’re cool again – it’s my second one in two months!) We chowed down on junk food, drank wine, reminisced about college, and just sat around relaxed from our spa day enjoying a night without our husbands.

I think it’s something we should definitely try to do more often – maybe once a month or at least every other month. It was a total treat. Now I just have to find a way to pay for all that expensive pampering.... :)

No comments: