I really can't tell you the last time I enjoyed such a quiet weekend at home watching it rain. Sometimes you just need a rainy weekend with no plans to help you catch up on some rest.
Friday night it was so stormy that Derek and I decided we'd get dinner from Pizza Shack (our favorite pizza place) and settle in on the couch with our animals beside us to watch a movie. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I was so excited to go to sleep listening to the rain outside our windows that I barely stayed awake for the movie.
Saturday I ran a couple of errands in the rain and then we spent the rest of the afternoon doing some spring cleaning around the house. I hate, hate, hate cleaning, but I love, love, love a clean house, so I don't really think there's any way to get one without the other unless I hire a maid, which is on every girl's wish list, I think. It was well worth it though because nothing gives you total satisfaction like a sparkling clean house (even if it only lasts for an hour or so...)
After our marathon cleaning day, Derek and I went to dinner at Bon Ami with our friends John and Katherine. It's a quaint little restaurant near our house where you can bring your own wine and can go ahead and expect to stay a while when they're busy. Dinner was good, and afterwards the four of us came back to our house for game night. Wow... that really sounded old, didn't it? At least we were drinking wine while we played Catchphrase and not coffee. :)
We slept late this morning and did some shopping this afternoon just to get out of the house for a little while. It's been a very ugly weekend weather-wise, but sometimes that's all you need to force yourself to slow down and take it easy for a change. There's just no place like home on a weekend like this, and I definitely enjoyed every minute of it!
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
A weekend at home sounds so nice. Wish I would have followed y'all's lead. Monday rolls around yet again tomorrow! Ick!
Post a Comment