Monday, March 30, 2009

A little R & R

I need more weekends like this past one... We did a whole lot of NOTHING, and it was fabulous. Friday night we spent trying to console the dog during the bad weather. We even gave him two benadryls, but he was still just as anxious as could be until he finally fell asleep.

Derek watched a movie while I made some significant progress in my book. I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It's a book about a dog told from the dog's point of view at the end of his life. It's really interesting so far... my parents both read it and then Derek read it, so he's ready for me to finish it so we can "discuss." I usually read really, really girly books, so it's a pretty rare occasion when we both read the same book. :)

Anyways... Saturday we slept in and woke up to a beautiful but chilly day outside. We headed to Lowe's to pick out some flowers and spent the afternoon bundled up planting flowers in the backyard. They're so pretty! It actually looks like spring at our house now. We watched two movies Saturday night - one Quentin Tarantino movie, "Death Proof", and then "Knocked Up," which I've seen three or four times now and still think it's as funny as the first time I watched it.

Then Sunday morning I watched two Lifetime movies I had DVR'd earlier in the week - "The Party Never Stops" about binge drinking and "Stand Against Fear: A Moment of Truth Movie" about football players molesting the cheerleading squad. Yes, they were as bad as they sound, and it was a total waste of a good four hours of my weekend, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. :)

We were feeling a bit stir crazy by Sunday afternoon, so we headed over to Katherine's house to sit outside in the sunshine and catch up with her. A few more of our friends came over and we cooked chicken spaghetti for dinner with key lime pie for dessert. It was a great way to end the weekend.

I must say, knowing we have a couple of busy weekends coming up, it was so nice to just stay home and get some rest... it was a well-deserved, relaxing weekend. I hate that it's already over, but at least I feel rested and ready for the week rather than a little hungover and worn out. :)

No comments: