Friday night we had some friends over to play Rock Band and Jenga. Long story short... a few years ago Derek and I bought a Jenga game at a garage sale across the street for a quarter and turned it into a world-renown (or something like that) Drunk Jenga game by writing on the blocks. We definitely got our quarters-worth over the years, but I'm sad to say the game has "disappeared." There's no telling where it might be these days, but wherever it is, I'm sure it's having a good time with its new owners. Anyways... on a recent trip to Hattiesburg we convinced my parents to let us have their Jenga game, and Friday night we made the second version of our beloved game. This one's even better, so watch out! :)
Saturday we woke up bright and early and headed downtown for the St. Paddy's Day parade. Fun, fun, fun... and what a beautiful day to watch a parade! My sunburn speaks for itself as the first real sun of the season. Gotta love some sunshine on a nice, spring day! Here are a few pics from the parade...
Me with Jenny and Katie...
Derek and Nathan...
Us with Drew and Kristin...
After the parade we changed clothes and headed to Vicksburg for Jennifer Lynne and Stephen's engagement party... It made for a LONG day, trust me, but we had a great time. We went out to The Biscuit Company after the party and spent the last few hours of the night just catching up with everyone. If you've never been to that bar, it's one of the coolest bars ever. I had a few fun memories (and even one not-so-fun one) of that place when Derek and I first started dating. It flooded shortly after I moved to Vicksburg in 2003 and has been closed every since. It just recently reopened, and now it's just as good as new! The Biscuit Company definitely ranks right on up there with Daquiri World (Ha!) as far as legendary bars go, so I know everyone's glad it's back. :)
Here's a picture of the girls out Saturday night...
4 comments:
um, lizzie...
what is your "not so fun" memory of the biscuit company ???
I KNOW...I KNOW !!!!!
love, candee'
Haha! Aren't you glad Derek kept me around after that embarrassment?! He's returned the favor a few times, too! ;)
No shout-out to yall's driver that got you to Vicksburg??
Haha! I left QUITE a bit of details out of that story, so I guess that was one of them! Sorry about that... :)
Post a Comment