Monday, March 9, 2009

On the road again...

Derek made it home from San Antonio safe and sound Thursday night, and we hit the road again on Saturday to Hattiesburg for my grandfather’s 85th birthday party. His birthday was March 3, and 85 long years is a great reason to celebrate, so celebrate we did! Here are a few pics from the party…

Happy Birthday, Pap!!

After the birthday party Derek and I headed to the wine bar downtown to meet up with some friends, including my old friend Wendy, who now lives in Birmingham. We go way back to when I was in high school and she was the youth intern at my church. I thought she was pretty cool, so when I went through Rush, she was one of the many wonderful reasons I went DG. :)

Enough with the cheesiness… sorry for the glare, but here’s a picture of us back in college at the Pike Fireman’s Ball in 2000. What babies!

And here we are now, all grown-up and mature. Ha!

It was so much fun to catch up with her, and we really enjoyed our night in Hattiesburg. Now, after four weekends on the road, I’m more than ready to stay home and do some spring cleaning this weekend! That probably won’t produce too many fun, bloggable stories, but my house and my allergies will thank me. :)

1 comment:

Jules said...

aw, tell your grandpa happy belated birthday from us next time you see him/talk to him! hope Buck & Chris are doing well!