Monday, April 19, 2010

Good times with good friends

It was another beautiful spring weekend, and we enjoyed every minute of it! Friday night we met Wes and Elise and Katherine and Paul at the Crawdad Hole for a bit, then headed back to Belhaven for drinks on Wes and Elise’s deck followed by a late dinner at Keifer’s.

Saturday I went to a baby shower for my old friend Ashley Plummer (Herndon now). She was one of my sorority sisters, and I’m so happy we reconnected and have stayed in touch. I’m ready to meet Baby Keegan in a month or two!


Late Saturday afternoon we hit the road to Vicksburg for Riverfest. The weather was beautiful with a nice breeze, and the music lineup was great this year. Mayhem String Band, Reid Stone and the Guilt Ridden Troubadour, Rocket 88 and Blue Mountain.



We had a great time catching up with people we haven’t seen in a while and listening to good music on a perfect spring night. We even enjoyed a little late night at Jennifer Lynne and Stephen’s house. It was just like old times, but the next day feels a little worse than it did years ago. We’re definitely not spring chickens anymore.

Ugh… we had a lazy day on Sunday and were pretty worthless except for a trip to the grocery store and a good dinner. It was a great weekend, even with a worthless Sunday. Those are needed every now and then, especially when you have so much fun on the Saturday before. :)

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I saw you tagged in the photos on Facebook and thought it was YOUR baby shower ;)

Elizabeth said...

Ha! I look pretty good to be 8 months pregnant, huh? ;)