Tuesday was a very bad day. The day started out with my boss totaling her car in a pretty bad wreck when someone ran a redlight on Lakeland Drive. She was okay for the most part - some pretty bad bruises and soreness, but no broken bones. It could have been a lot worse.
Then Tuesday night my mom fell down the stairs in our garage and split her head wide open on the concrete. They rushed her to the emergency room, removed a blood clot and now she has eight staples in the back of her head.
I knew nothing of this until around noon yesterday when she called me from the hospital, so I immediately packed a bag and headed to Hattiesburg, even though they told me not to go. I don't know how much help I was, but I just wanted to be there with her. It scared me to death, and I know it scared them, too. My dad doesn't usually handle situations like that very well, but he went into emergency mode when it happened and wouldn't let her move, called 911 and even helped clean up the blood. Then when they were released from the hospital, he went into nurse mode and was taking such good care of her.
I couldn't relax until I knew without a doubt that she was okay. I just needed to see her and talk to her, especially after everything with Derek's mom. I'm so thankful she's doing fine. She's very sore and will have the staples in for a week, but I don't even want to think about how much worse it could have been. I'm so, so, so thankful.
So overall, Tuesday was a crappy day, but it could have been much, much worse in both situations. Trust me, I'm saying an extra prayer or two today for that exact reason. You can never be too thankful.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
Yikes...how scary. Hope your mom makes a full recovery!
good grief!! glad Aunt Beth is doing better - that would scare the death out of me too!!
Post a Comment