Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I outran the tornadoes on Saturday and made my way to the Coast for the SMA ball. We've made this an almost annual tradition with some of my college friends, and this year my friend Christy was the ball chairman.

The decorations were beautiful, and we had so much fun. I did not, however, have too much fun on Sunday after finishing off an entire bottle of sweet tea vodka on Saturday night. I am hanging up my "fun hat" for a while - at least until our beach vacay in a few weeks.

Here are some pictures from the night...




On a more serious note, as for the tornado recovery, the Grey lake house at Eagle Lake is fine, thank God. I think there was a tree or two that fell, but the house was not damaged, so that's a total blessing. We saw firsthand how devastating tornadoes can be a couple of years ago in our neighborhood, and I will never again take Mother Nature for granted. Scary stuff... still thinking and praying for everyone who lost loved ones and/or properties and personal items over the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls look awesome!! It's so nice that your pledge class is still so close and keeping in touch. I sure wish mine was like that!!

heatherstockett said...

So glad everyone is ok. LOVE your dress! You look great :)