Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh, the horrors…

Our DVR decided not to work last night. Tuesday nights are big TV nights in my book with American Idol, 90210, Glee and Parenthood. Next week the final season of The Hills premieres on Tuesday, too. Wowza...

It was amazing (not to mention incredibly sad) how upset I got about my shows not recording. Before we discovered DVR, I really and truly would adjust my social/after-work schedule accordingly as to when my favorite shows were on. PATHETIC... But now, I just record all that I want to watch and play catch-up on nights that I’m home with nothing to do or on the weekends. I look forward to it. That, too, may be sad, but everybody needs some downtime.

Sometimes I like to watch Lifetime movies in bed on Sunday afternoons, sometimes I like to read a book, and sometimes I like to watch hour after hour of DVR’d shows. It’s like having a must-see-tv marathon with no commercials. And, in Derek’s words, I am not apologetic.

I’m terribly upset that I missed the Madonna episode of Glee, but I can always watch it online, even if that’s not ideal. And Parenthood comes on again on Saturday night, so I can record that episode then and watch it later. And 90210 was not new last night, so no worries there…

In summary, I am not ashamed of my television habits. At least I don’t watch Dancing with the Stars.

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Oh no! I love my DVR, too! In fact, I think it's one of the greatest inventions EVER! Forget the light bulb ;) I'm glad you said something about the Hills-otherwise I would have missed it!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I had no idead you had a blog or I would have been reading it!! I love it! I added myself to your followers:)