Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

Yesterday I called in sick to work and stayed snug in my bed all morning. I was feeling a bit under the weather from my sinuses, but more than anything I think I just needed a few extra hours of rest on a cold Monday morning. But I did take some sinus medicine and amazingly felt much better by the afternoon.

We battened down the hatches last night with a cozy fire and some hot chocolate to keep warm while we watched some shows we had DVR’d over the weekend. Derek’s taking up almost all the space on our DVR with Halloween movies this week, so I figured I better watch what I had recorded before it “accidentally” got erased. :)

Last night we put an extra blanket on the bed to avoid turning on the heater. We had planned to try not to turn the heater on until at least later next month, but that all went out the window this morning when I woke up as frozen as an icicle. Before I even jumped in the HOT shower I hurried to the hallway and cut on the heater just to get the chill out of the air. I’m usually one to just put on a big, oversized sweatshirt, fleece pajama pants and a pair of warm wool socks when it’s chilly, but frigid mornings can be miserable.

Looks like tonight will be just as cold, so I might as well say goodbye to our pretty summer plants and hello to frost on the ground. Brrr….

No comments: