Because of my job, it's been beaten into my head that you can't actually get the flu from the flu shot. We tell reporters this almost every day this time of year. But I've always believed this myth, and to some extent I still do. Every time I get a flu shot, I start to feel a little achy and just pretty bad in general for a day or two. And I know I'm not alone. While my boss will argue with me that it's just the vaccine "working" in the body, it seems like a pretty strange coincidence to me.
Regardless, I guess a couple of days of mini-flu symptoms is a lot better than the big bad flu itself. I had it once about five years ago. We were at Derek's family's Christmas in New Orleans and I was SICK AS A DOG. Never, never, never again do I want to do go through that again. It was just plain nasty.
Anyways, I guess I'm still on the fence about this because I just spent half an hour trying to convince Derek that you can't actually get the flu from the vaccine, all the while also trying to convince myself. He got his shot last week and now he feels like crap. I just drugged him up with NyQuil and put him to bed. So while I try to make myself believe this "fact", I just took some Sudafed myself because I feel the flu... I mean, a cold... coming on. Ugh.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment