The best part about the house we live in now is the fireplace, hands down. It was high on the wish list when we were looking at houses here, and we haven’t been disappointed. I don’t know what in the world we did before we had one! Actually, I do. We had these old built-in space heaters in both bathrooms and both living rooms in Vicksburg. They were great at heating the rooms, but they lacked the overall ambiance of a fireplace.
We made our first fire of the season Monday night. Derek just couldn’t wait any longer. We had some pine that we chopped up after the tornado in April ready to burn, but now we're out. I guess it’s time to get our annual load of wood, but in the meantime we’ve had to get by on the pre-bundled wood at Kroger. It burns so fast you might as well be burning a $5 bill, but it works fine for an hour or two.
There is just absolutely nothing like a cozy little fire to help wash away a stressful day. On a cold winter (or fall) night, curling up in warm socks, pajamas and a blanket and just watching the glow of the fire is so relaxing. And of course it goes hand-in-hand with a nice glass of red wine.
Now I’m ready to put up Christmas decorations. :)
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
I am so ready to put up my Christmas stuff too! I usually give in somewhere in mid-November and put them up since we're usually in H'burg for Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment