Monday, October 13, 2008

Girl Time


This weekend I had some much-needed girl time with some old friends. Derek headed to Starkville for the weekend for the State-Vanderbilt game, so Friday night I was able to spend an hour or so catching up with my friend Cassidy over in Japan.

She just moved into her fabulous new house over there (it has heated floors) and was planning on doing some yard work this weekend. Apparently there is a place on the naval base that you can borrow tools, so she borrowed a weed eater to cut her grass. She said the grass was so high that when she drove up the other day some birds flew out of it, so it was time to tidy it up a bit. Long story short, if you need a laugh on this wonderful Monday, picture Cassidy (who didn’t know how to fill up her own car with gas until college) in galoshes, sweat pants and goggles trying to figure out how to get the weed eater cranked.

Saturday I hit the road to the Coast for a wedding shower at my friend Christy’s house. Her sister, Ashley, is getting married Thanksgiving weekend, and really since college, all of Christy’s friends have become Ashley’s friends, so it makes for a fun and easy get-together. The picture above was taken after the shower (notice the no-lipstick look thanks to the mimosas). Christy refused to get in the picture because she was elbow-deep in the sink cleaning all her fancy dishes. She really is the best hostess ever. Her showers look like a cross between Martha Stewart and Southern Living.

After the shower, we spent the rest of the night catching up on the back porch and topped the night off with a late night delivery from Domino's. It really was a great weekend until Derek and I both made our way back home on Sunday.

First we learned that our air conditioner wasn’t blowing cold air, so we headed off first to Walgreen’s, then to McDade’s and Kroger, and finally to Lowe’s to find the right size air filter. After a tasty dinner from Subway, we curled up on the couch to watch a movie. Wouldn’t you know about 20 minutes into it, our stupid DVD player breaks! So we begrudgingly headeded off to Target to buy a new one. We FINALLY got settled back in about 8:30 and finished our movie and went to bed. I’m glad I decided not to cook last night because the way our luck was going yesterday I could have burned down the house. :)

No comments: