Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boo!


We are now officially in the Halloween spirit since we carved our pumpkins last night. I love decorating the house for any kind of holiday, but Derek really is the Halloween king.

He’ll be such a great dad one day. I just picture him showing them how to clean out all the pumpkin guts, (because you know I won’t go near the guts – they gross me out) and then the kids will draw silly designs that Derek will carve out, no matter how non-Jack-o-lanternish they are. Then everyone will get all dressed up in their costumes to go trick-or-treating (including Derek) and I’ll take pictures and drive my little costumed clan from neighborhood to neighborhood. I’m a dork, I know, but it’ll be fun! :)

Last year Katherine (the other biggest Halloween fan I know) was living with us during Halloween while her house was being renovated, and when the two of them finished decorating (I was clearly overruled), our house looked like the Grizwalds’ Halloween Adventure or something. I’m talking about almost any kind of black-lighted, motion-sensitive decoration they sold at Target was inside or outside our house. It was overkill. We were definitely THOSE people last year complete with a big Happy Halloween banner out front. Geez…

This year our decorations are a little less Target and a little more Pier One. Ha! I will say that when the Jack-o-lanterns candles are burning, our front stoop looks quite festive. I would love to trick-or-treat at our house if I was a kid. And we give GOOD candy, too! :)