I saw many "old" family friends who still remember me as the little girl who served cookies and impatiently waited for the annual Christmas Eve party to end at Granny and Pap's house so Santa could come visit. Most of the guests have been friends of Granny's since before my parents were born, and let me tell you, these oldies but goodies still know how to have a good time. Only now, they may be not so spry on the dance floor. :)
Here is a pic of me attempting to teach my mother the Electric Slide.
We came back to Jackson Saturday, and as we were entering Richland, our friends Josh and Lauren invited us over for burgers and football. Since it was such nice weather out, we accepted the invite and spent the afternoon on their back patio. They introduced us to a marinade called HogWine. If you haven't tried this, use it on chicken wings or in our case, deer sausage to add a tasty kick. Yum!
Last night, since it was a bit chilly, we had friends over to enjoy the inaugural fire pit of the season. It wasn't a late night, but a good time nonetheless.
Today's been pretty lazy. We had lunch with Katie and Neil, who were in town for a wedding, and Trey brought over a load of seasoned firewood. Now we are ready for the cold weather forecast for the week. It is supposed to get to the lower 30s the next couple of nights here, so bundle up!
Everyone have a nice week and a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I'm sure I'll be blogging about that soon. :)
3 comments:
well you will have to be sure and wish her a Happy Birthday for me.....I wonder if I will ever make it back to Hattiesburg or if we will always see your mom & dad in Decatur.....hmmm, sad...
looking forward to our trip and to seeing you all!!!
Ahh...the old Grey fire pit. Good times. I'm sure you've burned through a couple since we were hanging out in V'burg.
How fun! I'm glad they are doing well. You know, my house is only about 3 minutes away from the Dixie Community Center!
Post a Comment