
This weekend was a pretty busy one. Friday night we hit Jacktoberfest downtown for a night of German beer, German food and great Mississippi music. This was our second year to go to this little outdoor festival, and I really think it’s one of Jackson’s best kept secrets. Neighbor Ben was on the planning committee and spent the whole night grilling burgers and brats. The weather was absolutely perfect for a night outside, and they had local art vendors lining the block of Congress Street from Capitol to Amite. My sweet husband even surprised me with a beautiful necklace I had been eyeing. I think it was originally supposed to be one of my Christmas presents, but a few beers later, he was feeling generous and decided to go ahead and give it to me. :)
Saturday afternoon I headed to Vicksburg for a baby shower for my friend Cortney. She and her husband, Fico, are expecting Baby No. 2 at Christmas, and considering I hadn’t even met their first baby, Victoria, I was excited to see both Mom and 17-month-old Victoria. Let me tell you… Suri Cruise has nothing on Victoria Linares! That baby is beautiful, and I’m sure little Gabriel will be mighty handsome himself. It was so good to see Cortney and all my old Vicksburg friends. We had a nice visit before I headed home.

Saturday night we rented a movie and ended up having an impromptu movie night/game night at Ben and Tina’s. There’s something about lounging around in pajamas drinking wine at the neighbors’ house that makes an ordinary Saturday night super relaxing. It was a lot of fun, and we all agreed that while we may not be as wild and crazy on the weekends as we used to be, there’s certainly nothing wrong with a lazy Saturday night at home every now and then. We actually talked about watching each other’s wedding DVDs next time (well, really this was Tina’s idea after a few glasses of wine.) The guys weren’t really up for it, but it sounds like a great idea to me! Ha! I’m sure we can incorporate it into our next pajama party when we plan to watch “Sex and the City” for the third time. :)
1 comment:
I was so glad to see you on Saturday! Thanks for coming! I'm not planning to have another baby shower anytime soon, but I hope I don't have to wait so long before the next time we see each other.
Post a Comment