Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fabulously relaxing Memorial Day weekend. Derek went to the lake Friday morning, and I stayed around to watch Sex and the City 2 Friday night with some girls from work – LOVED IT! I headed to the lake Saturday morning and totally forgot to put the camera battery back in the camera after charging it. It made me so mad! (So the pictures on here I stole from either Sara or Kristen’s FB pages. Hehe)

Anyhow, we spent most of Saturday out on the water tubing or floating in the water right by the pier. It was perfect. Gary and Carl and company hosted the annual Firefly Hill Fish Fry Saturday afternoon, and it was delicious. Saturday night we spent sitting around the firepit listening to old albums on the record player. We took a late night cruise around the lake in the pontoon boat and then called it a night shortly after midnight.

Sunday was another beautiful day, but we came on home around lunchtime for some quality time in the air-conditioning with the dog and cat. We were sooo lazy Sunday afternoon and ALL day yesterday. It was fantastic. I feel totally rested and ready for the short work week.

That was our weekend in a nutshell… I think every weekend should be three days long. It’s the only way to actually enjoy time off from work, in my own humble opinion. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Wilson said...

It was a great one for sure! Hold my deedle bug tight the next couple of days!