
It’s amazing how fast one year can fly by yet drag on so slowly. It’s been a year since you’ve been gone, and we miss you every minute of every day. You’ve missed so much this year – the Little Baby Girl turned three, your youngest graduated college, and your girl is having her own little girl in a few weeks. As our family continues to grow, we can't help but remember it's not complete without you.
There have been plenty of tears, but plenty of smiles, too. We’ve thought about you during every birthday, holiday, lake weekend, baby shower, and phone call that we can’t make. We feel your love in every prayer, dream, and quiet moment. And of course we’ve thought about you every time we see a firefly, and there are THOUSANDS at the lake – but I guess that’s why you named it Firefly Hill! Your granddaughter has had more fun catching the “fiwefwies” at the lake the past few weekends, and while it’s incredibly cute, she has no idea how sentimental it is, too.

I can’t even put it all in words how much you’ve been missed. A year ago, we never thought we’d get to this point today, but time marches on. Please continue to watch over us every day and give us strength through the hard times and a little extra joy during the happy times, knowing you feel the same emotions from so far away.
We love you and miss you terribly.
3 comments:
Thanks for a good tear today. She is still loved today as much as she was a year ago. I have so much enjoyed watching all the little girl catch the 'firefwies' and having NO idea the true meaning of it all. So sweet. Thanks for the words!
Awe :( I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Amen! She was one of a kind!
Post a Comment