
… with this sweet baby girl!!! We headed over to Vicksburg Sunday morning to spend a few hours with Baby Frances (and Katie and Neil, of course) now that they’re home and settling in as a family of three. She is absolutely adorable, and it was so much fun to hold her and love on her. She slept most of the time and would just wake up for a second and yawn, then she’d snuggle up and get comfy again. I just love her. :)

Tomorrow’s her one-week birthday, and she’s changing everyday! I can’t wait to see her dressed in her Baby’s First Fourth t-shirt this weekend. Can you tell I’m a proud aunt? Ha!

We had a great weekend. Friday night we enjoyed a nice dinner out at Mint with Drew and Kristin for our semi-annual Grey-
Gor dinner. I highly recommend the wedding cake martinis, by the way. Our service was fantastic, and the food was fabulous! On Saturday we stayed cool at Claire and Josh’s apartment pool. We pretty much had the place to ourselves, which was a good thing because it was HOT. If you had to be outside, you needed to be in some water somewhere.
Then Sunday, we woke up bright and early to head to Vicksburg, and after our visit with the Ferrell family we took care of some housework and
yardwork before getting ready for dinner with
Cassidy and John. These two have been in Japan since August and are finally back in Mississippi for a couple of months. I’m so excited to have my best friend back in the same country!

It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since they got married (we can reminisce
here). Time has definitely flown by. We welcomed them back with some burgers on the grill, potato salad, fries (I know – two potato dishes, but whatever), peach ice tea and homemade peach cobbler. I figured the more I made them miss Mississippi, the more likely they would be to stay awhile. :)
I look forward to nearly two full months of fun with these two before they head back overseas, and this year there won’t be a wedding right in the middle of their USA vacation!
2 comments:
I'm happy I got some Frances time yesterday too!
I can see why you're in love! She is precious!! Love those sweet little cheeks, too. Bet she would be great to photograph ;)
Post a Comment