Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, Those Summer Nights!

The Reservoir Dogs are playing for the league division championship!!! After a long game last night that was interrupted every 15 minutes by the storm sirens, Derek's team won the game 19-11 and then got to play only one inning of the championship game before everyone was sent home because of the weather. The final game will be rescheduled for next week.

I have to say, this team started out pretty rough, but they really came together and have been playing great as a team for the past month or so. I'm so proud of them, and I've been sweating it out from the bleachers for every game but three since the first week of May, so I consider that an accomplishment too. :)

Derek's had a lot of fun playing with these guys, and I am more than happy to cheer from the sidelines this year rather than dodge balls in the field like last year. I've actually really enjoyed watching them and have made friends with the other softball wives. Game nights have really been a highlight of our weeks this summer.

I'm the proud wife of #28, and I'll be cheering them on next week for the championship title. Go Dogs!

No comments: