Today we're celebrating Izzy Girl's birthday. I'm actually not quite sure when her actual birthday is, but I do know that I adopted her at 6 weeks old right before school started my senior year of college in 2002. That makes that pretty girl SIX years old!
When my roommates and I decided we wanted a pet for our apartment, we adopted two sister kittens, a pink and gray one that was mine and a yellow and white one that was Katie's. We named them both Isabella and called them Izzy and Bella. When we saw them at the adoption center, they both had on cute little Garfield handkerchiefs. How could you not fall in love with these precious things?
Izzy was the runt, but she made up for it by gaining some weight, and now she's a little chubby, but that's just more to love! We've battled the weight-gain issue most of her life, and I usually put her on diet food at least once a year. It doesn't matter to her, though. As long as there's food in that silver bowl, she's happy. And believe me, she'll let you know when she's not, too. :)
If you've never met this cat, she's the most un-catlike cat ever. She comes to the door when I get home from work and she LOVES some lap-sitting. If you let her, she'll cuddle right up on your chest at bedtime and snooze away. She's so incredibly sweet and one of a kind. She doesn't sleep with us anymore because I'm super allergic to cats. I knew this when I got her, but I just couldn't say no to that sweet face when she wanted to share my pillow.
This baby girl has traveled all over Mississippi - from my apartment in Hattiesburg to Jackson to live with her sister, Bella, while I was moving, then to my apartment in Vicksburg, my house in Vicksburg, and then to Jackson. She's even spent a week with my parents while Derek and I were in New York.
We introduced her to her brother, Bentley, three years ago, and I thought it was about to be World War III around our house with both of them. But she got used to him, and now they're the best of friends because he opens all the doors in the house when we're not home so she can nap on the beds.
I have to say, Izzy has been my sweet baby girl now for most of my adult life, and I love her for that. She's as sweet as they come, and everyone who meets her just falls in love. I really do think some people come to visit us just to get some Izzy-lovin. :)
So, Happy Birthday, Izzy Bella Marie Bice-Grey! Our world wouldn't be the same without you.
2 comments:
Awww...sweet Izzy. I like how she's propped on the books. Has she been reading "Mississippi Sissy?' Good girl! I do love that cat. I'll trade ya!
Happy Birthday, Izzy! Does she give kitty behavior lessons?
Post a Comment