Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A little updating never hurts

So, with inspiration from Meredith, I ventured out and changed my layout. I hope everyone likes it! :)

I headed back to the gym today after about a week and a half off because of total exhaustion from softball. We played our third game last night and actually WON 8-7! It's really a lot more fun when you win, amazingly enough. Now we're getting the hang of it and really playing pretty well as a team. It just took us a couple of games to get warmed up, I think.

Not much else is new our way. We're still a little pink from the weekend, although not nearly as red and miserable as Neighbor Ben. Ugh... Sunburns hurt. I've just been trying to keep lotion on my face and shoulders so I don't start peeling. I think peeling is just as bad as burning sometimes. It's annoying, and it itches, and it's ugly. So maybe the lotion will help keep me bronzed and beautiful. Ha!

I forgot to mention that a mama bird made a nest in my flower arrangement in the carport, and now the baby birdies have their eyes open and are chirping all the time for food. They're not very pretty actually. And if you think about it, they haven't learned how to fly yet, so all bathroom business is done in the nest. Gross... and somebody will have to clean all that out when mama bird decides to take the babies and leave her humble abode. Guess that will be me. Joy. I guess I'll just take it as a compliment that the mama thought my fake flowers and pine straw looked so realistic that she wanted to make them her home. Now if only she would clean up her mess when she flies the coop. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the revamp and the new additions to your family!