Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There is no joy in Mudville...

... Because the Mighty Gators got their TAILS KICKED last night. Boo! It’s a game that we’re going to forget we even played, and it’s a really good thing that we don’t think the league is officially keeping record of wins and losses because this was a big one. All I know is that we didn’t score a single run, and the Bench Warmers scored more than I could count. I stopped counting at eight. Ugh…

And it was the hottest game we’ve played by far. So muggy… our jerseys were stuck to our backs before the game even started. Definitely not fun weather to play softball in, but it didn’t seem to bother the other team. Actually for once we had way more than enough people to play. I think we had about 15 show up to play, so some had to be subbed in halfway through the game.

Derek did a good job as pitcher, but I spoke too soon when I said that I don't mind playing left center because you don’t really see any action out there. Boy, did we! And boy, did I just stand there and stare at the few balls hit directly at me. Pitiful…

Too bad we lost our two-game winning streak, but we’re just going to forget about last night’s game and focus on next week. We’ve got one more game before our double-header, and I think it’s going to be a tough one.

So far we’re 2-3, but it doesn’t really matter. It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game, right? We’ve had a lot of fun, and we really appreciate the generosity of Katherine’s law firm in letting us take two spots on their team. It’s actually made Monday nights something to look forward to this summer, and that's not an easy feat! :)

No comments: