Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Fantastic Fourth


This long holiday weekend has been wonderful. We're worn out, sunburned and enjoying a lazy Sunday on the couch watching it rain. We had a great weekend out at Eagle Lake. It started with some boat-riding on Friday afternoon followed by some good food and a fantastic fireworks show that my father-in-law did. The show lasted about 20 minutes, and we all sat on the pier and oohed and ahhed as the colors lit up the sky. The patriotic cd that Ben made really seemed like it timed out perfectly with the fireworks, too! I even think everyone else on the lake stopped what they were doing to watch from their piers and boats. It was great to have a "private" show so big that the whole lake could enjoy.

After the fireworks, we all headed to Chotard for my favorite lake band, Magnolias and Moonshine. This band is a real treat, especially with their American flag outfits that they wear annually just for this holiday. Here I am with Katherine boogieing to the band. No, we're not the only ones on the dance floor, but we tried to stay at the front so they could clearly see who their biggest fans were. :)


Saturday we all slept in and then got the boat decorated for the boat parade. This is one of my favorite things at Eagle Lake. Everyone who's there for the weekend either rides on a boat or sits and watches from their piers. Supposedly there are winners every year, but we have yet to figure out who the judges are and what you get if you win. Nevertheless, we were super patriotic this year, complete with Katherine dressed up as the Statue of Liberty. Here are a few pics.


Katie and Derek decorating the boat for the parade...

Tina and I riding. Yes, that's an American flag bikini top I'm wearing, and no, I don't think it's that trashy. Fourth of July only comes once a year!

Lady Liberty herself assuming the position as our nation's most famous landmark...

As you can see, a good time was had by all. Now if all of our temporary tattoos will wash off, life will be good! :)

1 comment:

Drew and Kristin Gorney said...

Eliz and Derek!!!

Happy belated Fourth of July!

We wish we could have been down there with you guys but these weddings are now over for a while! WhooooooooO!!! I am even sadder K and I missed out on the fireworks, wonderful food, and of course, getting SHOTARDED! And how bout Magnolias and Moonshine... god I miss that band. I still have their card thinking one day we could perhaps get them to play for us. Well, looks like yall had fun this weekend, let's get together this week or weekend if yall don't have plans.