Well, last week I was convinced that Derek had West Nile virus.
All the symptoms were there - well, really just fatigue and sore muscles. He's never really been one to be sore after a good workout, especially now that we've actually been going to the gym. Nevertheless, he was complaining of his legs hurting all week long. And I guess working at the Department of Health doesn't help matters since diseases are talked about all day long, along with the thought that most people are walking around with diseases (like West Nile) and don't even know it.
Now, after we played softball game No. 2 last night, I can rest assured that it wasn't West Nile. I think it was a case of just using muscles that haven't been used in a while. We're both hurting today. Bad. Derek's pitched both games, and last night before the game even started he pulled a muscle in his leg. It's not his hamstring, I don't think. I think it may be his quadriceps? I don't really know my muscle groups, obviously. Anyways, by the end of the game he was hurting pretty bad in BOTH legs. I played catcher (or tried to) last night, and after one inning of squatting, I spent the rest of the game with my legs feeling like Jello. Today I'm hobbling.
Anyways, I'm glad Derek doesn't have West Nile. Now if we could just get our muscles to agree that more exercise is better, then life will be good. In the meantime, they (the muscles) just want to sit on the couch. And I'm really not fighting them on this one. :)
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment