So, after watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" last night and going to my Zumba class today, I do think that I have some rhythm. I'm nowhere near ready for Broadway just yet, but when it's just me in front of a mirror or anything that shows my reflection, I'm a dancing machine.
I really did take dancing lessons from 3 years old until about 10th grade, and I loved it. There's no better way to stay in shape than just listening to good music and shaking your groove thang. It's really empowering.
If you've never heard of Zumba, it's a lot of fun. Our gym offers it, and it's a cross between a little hip-hop and salsa. The music's loud, the steps are pretty easy to pick up, and it's a GREAT way to end the week. The class is at 5:30, and I try to go every time, even if I don't make it to the gym any other day during the week. You work your butt off and walk out of the class soaked with sweat. But it's all done with a smile on your face because you really feel like you can shake your stuff, and it's soooo much fun.
Now, I'll probably wake up tomorrow sore again from working muscles that haven't been used in a few weeks (I've skipped the last two classes), but that's okay. My dancing skills are improving, and hopefully I'm shedding a few pounds while I'm doing it. :)
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
Good for you! Keep it up, and maybe you can show us some steps next weekend.
Post a Comment