Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Aw... fond memories...

Last night as I was watching The Bachelor, I got to thinking about the legacy of that silly show. It’s been on for about eight seasons or so now with very little success of finding true love for the bachelors or bachelorettes.

The spring semester of my senior year of college, we would watch The Bachelorette every Wednesday at Meredith, Melanie and Kelly’s apartment. We’d have six or eight girls piled on the couch oohing and ahhing over Trista’s choices. I looked forward to it every single week. I think the hostesses were all trying Weight Watchers that semester but Wednesday night was cheat night. :)

My first date with Derek was actually after The Bachelorette one night. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and drank beer and played video trivia. It’s quite a coincidence that the season during which I met Derek was the one season that’s actually produced a successful marriage on that show. Thanks for the inspiration, Trista and Ryan. I'm forever grateful. :)

3 comments:

Y U Mad said...

You've been tagged! I don't have any other bloggers I follow right now so you're it.

http://vitrioleandvenom.blogspot.com/2009/02/photo-tag-youre-it.html

Josh and Meredith Jordan said...

Love it!! I always think of how obsessed with that show we were in college when I see it on now. Few seasons have been as good as Ryan and Trista's. Remember how we loved BOB?? And, for the record, it was Sugarbusters that we all were on, and it lasted about 2 weeks. Ha! We were all in the worst moods, it HAD to stop! :) Thanks for the memory!

Elizabeth said...

Oh! Sugarbusters was the devil for sure! I was IN LOVE with Bob. And too bad he picked the wrong girl when he was the bachelor. I miss those days... :)