Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a nice, relaxing weekend at home this time around... Friday night we went over to Drew and Kristin's to grill out and play Rock Band. We're now obsessed... so much so that we ordered a Wii online yesterday AND Rock Band to play when it comes in. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision though, we have been talking about getting one for more than a year, and we thought that would be a perfect way to spend some of our tax refund. :)

So, anyone who wants to go on tour with us in our living room, come on over. I have this fear that no one will hear from us for days, and someone will finally venture over to check on us and they'll find us without showers, without food and with our eyes glazed over begging to play just one more song. Yes, it's that addictive.

Yesterday we enjoyed the beautiful weather outside with a few friends at the Crawdad Hole. It was just a tease of Spring being right around the corner. We took it easy last night and visited with Ben and Tina for a little while before calling it a night about 10. Guess we're getting old.

Today I haven't left the house, and it's been SO nice. I've been able to catch up on laundry and even fit in my Sunday afternoon nap while watching a Lifetime movie. It's my paradise. I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl, so I'm doing a few things around the house while the game is on and sitting down to watch the commercials in between. It's a little backwards, but that's what girls like to do.

I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow, but at least I was able to have a great, totally relaxing weekend beforehand. Once Monday gets here, I'll be workin' for the weekend once again. :)

No comments: