If I thought we were homebodies last weekend, this weekend we must have been hermits. Besides Friday night, we didn’t really leave the house all weekend long, and I totally enjoyed it!Friday night we went to dinner at Crechale’s for Olivia’s birthday. It's essentially a Jackson landmark, and it was a lot of fun. We had never been there before, and it has quite the atmosphere. I don’t think anything has been changed since the 1950s. It’s definitely a little hole in the wall, but the steaks were delish, and the company was fun, so we had a great time.
Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful weather by opening up all the windows and the door to the deck and letting in the fresh air. It was so pretty! I went up to the used book store and bought a couple of books and spent all afternoon sitting outside soaking up a little sun and reading my girly books. We played with the Wii for a little while. Derek’s getting to be quite the pro at the Rock Band guitar. We’re especially good at Fleetwood Mac’s “Go Your Own Way.” Ha!
We kept it low-key Saturday night on the couch. We watched a movie, and I could barely keep my eyes open past about 9:30. So sad… I’m getting older by the day! :)
Derek played golf yesterday, and I did a little grocery shopping and cleaned the house. It was a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon. The whole weekend was great. It was nice to stay home the majority of the time, especially knowing that things are about to pick up with plans for the next four or five weekends in a row. Sometimes there's just no place like home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment